Life and work
Banez was born on June 7, 1962 in Davao City , Philippines .  He studied at the Learning Center of the Arts (now Ford Academy of the Arts) in that city, where one of his tutors was Victorio C. Edades , Jr.
In 2004, Bañez went to New York where he now lives. In 2010, he was included in Lexikon der phantastischen Künstler .  : 47
In 2017 a portrait of John Milton was added to the Milton's Cottage collection, and he was named to the editorial board of Emmanations, a print anthology of poetry, fiction and essay published by International Authors.
- Dinner with the Devil  Williamsburg Art & Historical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA, Sept 19, 2014
- Satanic Verses Reading  Williamsburg Art & Historical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA, Sept, 2014
- The first presentation of The Satanic Verses of Bones Banez  Williamsburg Art & Historical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA, Jan 25, 2014
- Satan’s Peculiar Grace  14th Annual WAH Salon Art Club Show, Williamsburg Art & Historical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA, Jan 26-Feb 24, 2013
- The Society For Art Of Imagination Exhibition ,  Phantasten Museum (Phantastenmuseum Wien), Palais Palffy; Vienna, Austria 2012
- WAH's 16th Anniversary, The Grand Harvest :  International Juried Show with Awards, WAH Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA, Oct 27-Dec 9, 2012
- The Visionaries Show at the QCC Art Gallery,  Queensborough Community College, New York, USA. "Visionaries: The Art Of The Fantastic" July 12, 2012 - to September 20, 2012
- Paradise Lost Collectors Weekend And Antiquarian Books and Art Exhibit ,  WAH Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA, April 14–15, 2012
- WAH Salon Art Club,  WAH Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA: 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
- Fifty Year Fantastic ,  The Society for Art of Imagination, United Kingdom, London, 2010
- Great Artists Exhibit ,  Museo Dabawenyo, Davao, Philippines, 2010
- Selected Contemporary Works From The Permanent Collection, PART 2 (2002–Present) ,  Williamsburg Art & Historical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Paradise Lost Festival and Exhibit Celebrating Milton's 400th Birthday ,  2008
- International Surrealist Show ,  2008, 2006
- Brave Destiny Exhibit,  WAH Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA, 2003
- Around the Coyote Winter Arts Festival . Chicago IL USA, 2003
- Red Mill Gallery, Vermont Studio Center, 2002, Johnson, Vermont, USA
- Amarin Café, Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Mark Gallery, 1993, Davao City, Philippines
- Victoria Gallery, Victoria Plaza, Davao City, Philippines
- Ford Academy of the Arts, Davao City, Philippines, April 1984
Reviews and publications
- Banez, Bienvenido Bones and Dr Horace Jeffery Hodges (2014) , Yuko Nii Foundation; 1ST edition (2014). ISBN 1495117340. ISBN 978-1495117343.
- Kaplan, Carter. (2013). Emanations: Third Eye . p. xvi. Introduction includes works by various visual artists. Brookline, Massachusetts: International Authors. ISBN 0615494404.
- Kaplan, Carter, et al. (2012). Emanations: Second Sight . The second anthology showcasing the work of thirty writers from around the world, with illustrations by various artists. Brookline, Massachusetts: International Authors. ISBN 0615699928.
- Visionaries: The Art of the Fantastic, 1st Edition . ISBN 1936658143. 2012: QCC Art Gallery Press.
- Lindall, Terrance (2012) with commentary by , p. 53. ISBN 978-1-4675-6146-4. 2012: Yuko Nii Foundation.
- Surrealism in the Philippines (An interview with multidisciplinary artist and writer Danny Castillones Sillada) .  2012: ArtSlant, New York.
- Visionaries: the Art of the Fantastic ,  a Queens Public Television review.
- Himmelblau, Ulrich Goette (2010). Who's Who in Visual Art 2010-2011: 100 Artists in Painting, Graphic Arts, Digital Arts, Sculpture . 2010: Art Domain Whois Verlag. ISBN 3981347404.
- Rapp, Otto (2010). Visionary Art Yearbook 2010-2011;  Canada: Otto Rapp.
- Somozo, Phillip (Jan-Feb 2010). Mindanaoan Artist in Lexicon of Surrealism ,  p. 48. Manila: Filipinas Mag.
- Somozo, Phillip (2010). Ben Bañez, Art of Surrealism. M Life & living in Mindanao Volume 3 No.1, p. 61.
- Somozo, Phillip (2009). Mindanaoan Artist Visual Irony in Lexicon of Surrealism ,  Ang Dabawenyo.
- Habarta, Gerard (2009). Lexikon der phantastischen Künstler .  Encyclopedia of Fantastic & Surrealistic & Symbolist & Visionary Artists. Germany: Books on Demand. pp. 47–48. ISBN 3837084272.
- Ayala, Tita Lacambra, and Ricardo M. Ungria (2008). Davao Harvest 2 .  Manila, Philippines: National Commission for Culture and the Arts. ISBN 9718141162.
- Lindall, Terrance. What’s New in the Surreal World ,  p. 164. March 2006: Art and Antiques Magazine.
- Ramirez, Eileen Legaspi (2006). Crossbred and Emigre: Visual Art in a Flux  (Commissioned Article). Manila: National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
- Datuin, Flaudette May V. and Alya Honasan (1998) PANANAW: Philippine Journal of Visual Arts (Vol. 2) .  Manila, Philippines: National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
- Index of Painters and Sculptors Biography and Works Around the World