TinyDB is a lightweight document oriented database optimized for your happiness :) It's written in pure Python and has no external dependencies. The target are small apps that would be blown away by a SQL-DB or an external database server.
- tiny: The current source code has 1200 lines of code (with about 40% documentation) and 1000 lines tests. For comparison: Buzhug has about 2500 lines of code (w/o tests), CodernityDB has about 7000 lines of code (w/o tests).
- document oriented: Like MongoDB, you can store any document (represented as dict) in TinyDB.
- optimized for your happiness: TinyDB is designed to be simple and fun to use by providing a simple and clean API.
- written in pure Python: TinyDB neither needs an external server (as e.g. PyMongo) nor any dependencies from PyPI.
- works on Python 2.7 and 3.3 – 3.6 and PyPy: TinyDB works on all modern versions of Python and PyPy.
- powerfully extensible: You can easily extend TinyDB by writing new storages or modify the behaviour of storages with Middlewares.
- 100% test coverage: No explanation needed.
To dive straight into all the details, head over to the TinyDB docs. You can also discuss everything related to TinyDB like general development, extensions or showcase your TinyDB-based projects on the discussion forum.