Born and raised in Plantation, Florida , Onfroy spent most of his childhood in Lauderhill, Florida . He began writing music after being released from a youth correction center and eventually released his first song on the audio distribution platform SoundCloud in June 2013, titled "News/Flock". He is a popular figure in SoundCloud Rap , a trap scene that takes elements of lo-fi music and harsh 808s.  
Onfroy released his debut album, 17 , on August 25, 2017. Onfroy's second album, ? was released on March 16, 2018, It debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, with its singles "Sad!" and "Changes" peaking at numbers 7 and 37 on the Billboard Hot 100 respectively.
On June 18, 2018, Onfroy was shot dead in Deerfield Beach, Broward and was transferred to a nearby hospital as a part of Trauma alert.     Onfroy was reportedly leaving a motorcycle dealership when someone approached him and shot at him before running.    
When he was six years old, a man tried to put his hands on his mom, so he bit out his flesh and stabbed him with a shard glass. 
At a young age he was expelled from middle school for punting the mouth of a kid who had made fun of his mother. For years after, he would have a complicated relationship with his mother who had kicked him out of the house for his delinquent behavior as a teen. X has said that his mother raising him was not one of her priorities.  
X uses productions that are atmospheric and psychedelic - fitting adequately to his experimental trap style of delivery. His lyrics appeal to the horrorcore and
transgressive aesthetic with a hint of violent hedonistic imagery. [✔]
Users and fans of X have analyzed his flows to have a disparate approach that is experimental in nature. 
Onfroy generally changes his vocal style depending on the type of song he is performing on. His vocal style as has been described as displaying "emotional vulnerability" on much more depressing tracks and as replicating screaming on much more aggressive tracks. His song writing has been described as outlandish and shocking, often referring to "violence, sex and drugs" though on some projects such as The Fall and 17 , Onfroy's songwriting is more emotional in comparison to his previous work, often referring to loneliness, depression, isolation, and anxiety.
In late January, 2017, Drake premiered his new single in Amsterdam which was leaked online. Comparisons online of the beat and the flows were made to that of X's song, "Look At Me", sparking interest amongst the Hip hop community. 
tweeted the following on the platform:
“I’m not gonna twitter rap with niggas for stealing my flow, I slap niggas don’t come to Florida,” 
“It’s funny how the industry let this pussy Nigga sit at the top for so long, all y’all suck kill yourselves, Meh dun chat.” 
“Now this pussy nigga trying to play it save and play it innocent, but it’s cool we all know “hot line bling” was a bite of ‘chacha’”. 
One of the most prolific aspects of X's characteristics is that he is against older rappers, or the older crowd, undermining his abilities as a young artist:
"I don't say much about myself because I feel everybody tries to judge me as far as knowledge-wise -- like the younger you are, or however old you say you are, niggas always try to feel like they have something over me you feel me. Like I don't let anybody lil bro me at that. So I don't like to speak about my age because people use my age to determine my knowledge". 
He considered Geneva Ayala his first "love".
Robbery And Assault Charges
According to information of a recent booking date, he was arrested again on October 8th, 2016 on charges of battery and aggravated assault of a pregnant victim. 
On January 20th, 2017, it was reported by his manager at the time, Adam22 , that his next court date has been pushed back to April. Fans had shown up to his court hearing and were disappointed when the judge did not release and instead must spend more time in jail.  
On March 8th, 2017, social media erupted when rumors spread that Milo Yiannopolos paid a visit to Xxxtentacion after a photo of himself was taken outside the North Broward Detention Center with the hashtag that read, #freex. The rumors has since been debunked as Xxx is actually being held at the Paul Rein Detention Facility. 
Release from Prison
On March 29th, 2017, X was released from prison. He is out on probation for his charges of armed home invasion and aggravated battery in Broward County, Florida. His new Twitter default is his probation card.  X was spotted at a GameStop in the Boward Mall following his release. 
Assault in San Diego
Prior to the release of his debut album 17 , X posted a cryptic video to Instagram where he appears to be hanging himself. The short clip was met with criticism, saying that it promoted suicide . X responded by posting another video on Instagram (for an upcoming music video) with the caption "“If you thought I would ‘pretend’ to kill myself for a publicity stunt you’re fucking stupid.” 
Aggravated Battery & Assault
Since his early days as an up and coming rapper releasing songs on SoundCloud in southern Florida, he has been involved as the sole suspect in a case where it's alleged that he committed acts of violence against his ex-girlfriend in 2016.  The two met online and she goes on to indicate that even on the first date, which was at a movie theatre, he was abusive toward her. In that instance at the movie theatre, she was in a crowd by herself when XXXTentacion came from behind, grabbed, and squeezed her neck and then silently walked away. 
The online music publication, Pitchfork , received a 142 page testimony in which the victim details her dark and twisted experience at the hands of XXXTentacion. Below is what they reported.
• The reported victim met XXXTentacion online and went to a movie theater with him once before she attended one of his shows in late May 2016. On that particular evening, he came up from behind her in the crowd, grabbed her neck, and walked away silently. Later that same night, he hugged her and invited her to a party at the house where he was living in North Miami. At the house, he told her he liked her and suggested she could move in with him. The next day, she left her ex-boyfriend’s place and began cohabitating with XXXTentacion.
• The first incident of domestic violence occurred about two weeks later. He slapped her and broke her iPhone 6S, because she had complimented a male friend on his new jewelry. (XXXTentacion later repaired the phone.) Later that day, XXXTentacion left the room and returned with two grilling implements—a “barbecue pitchfork” and a “barbecue cleaner,” she said—and told her to pick between them, because he was going to put one of them in her vagina. She chose the fork. He told her to undress. He was lightly dragging the tool against her inner thigh when she passed out. He did not penetrate her with it.
• Following that incident, XXXTentacion began to act violently toward her often. Around July 2016, the couple moved to Orlando. When asked during the deposition to “pinpoint the days he threatened to kill you,” the reported victim responded, “Well, when we lived in Orlando, it was literally like every day.”
• About a week and a half into their stint in Orlando, the woman and XXXTentacion were on their way to a show together. They listened to one of XXXTentacion’s songs in the car and she sang along with his verse. Then she hummed along with a verse from a featured artist on the track. After that, XXXTentacion fell silent and left her in the car outside the venue. Inside, they got into a fight. When they arrived home after the show, he took her into the bathroom. “And he was asking me why I was singing his friend’s part of the song, if I like him, why do I like him, like do I ever look at his Twitter,” she said.
Then, XXXTentacion head-butted her, punched her, stomped on her, and put her in the bathtub, where he continued hitting and kicking her. “He also wanted to cut out my tongue because I was singing the song,” she said. She tried to run away down the street. He tackled her, causing her head to hit the pavement. She suffered black eyes, a lump on the back of her head, scratch marks, and bruises, including a large bruise on her ankle where he stomped her.
• Also while living in Orlando, he hit her with white plastic clothes hangers. “He broke a good 30 hangers on my legs,” she said. Around this time, he tried cutting her hair, and he held her head under running water in the bathtub.
• In August, XXXTentacion was arrested in a separate case. (As previously reported, he was charged with armed home invasion, robbery, and aggravated battery with a firearm, stemming from an alleged incident in November 2015. He pleaded no contest to those charges in March 2017 and was ordered to serve six years of probation.) The woman called her mother to pick her up and then went to stay with a friend in Texas. But she soon had to return to South Florida, where her planned accommodations fell through and she ended up living with XXXTentacion’s friends. Around this time, she had sex with another man.
• When XXXTentacion got out of jail, they moved back in together in North Miami. (On September 16, 2016, court records show, XXXTentacion agreed to house arrest, and was released.) He told her he knew she had cheated on him. He put a knife to her neck, strangled her “a little bit,” and called her a “ho,” she said. That night, he woke her up and told her to go outside, where he picked up an empty glass beer bottle and demanded that she tell him the truth or, “I’m going to fuck you up.” She replied that she already was telling him the truth, that she had cheated and was sorry. He dropped the bottle, slapped her, and let her go back to bed.
• About a week later, she and XXXTentacion moved to an apartment in Sweetwater, Fla. In two incidents there, XXXTentacion grabbed her by the neck, strangled her, and forced her down on the bed before another person who lived there came to the rescue. “I’m like scared,” she said, recalling how she felt. “It’s like he’s going to like end up killing me or something.”
• In early October 2016, she found out that she was pregnant by XXXTentacion. The pregnancy was planned by both of them. On the afternoon of October 6, he told her to move from the bed they were lying on. He then went out onto the balcony, where she could still hear him, and called up the person she had slept with while XXXTentacion was in jail, demanding to know everything. When XXXTentacion returned inside, he told her, “You need to tell me the truth right now or I’ll kill you and this jit.” She said that “jit” was slang for the unborn child.
He then started elbowing, head-butting, and punching her. He strangled her until she almost passed out. He took her to the bathroom and demanded one last time that she tell him everything or he would kill her in the bathtub. She couldn’t even recognize her face in the mirror—it looked “distorted”—and her left eye was completely shut and “leaking blood.” She was losing vision. She vomited.
• Other people who lived in the Sweetwater apartment eventually arrived, and she asked them to let her go to the hospital. XXXTentacion told her she couldn’t leave until her face had healed, because otherwise the police would be called. He told her she had to wear a hoodie. XXXTentacion and the others also put glasses on her, then they all got in a car and drove to an apartment she had never been to before, in North Miami Beach. (The hoodie and glasses were noted in a police report.) They left her in a bedroom, and XXXTentacion confiscated her phone. She didn’t get it back until he was arrested on October 8.
• For the next two days she didn’t leave that room except to use an adjacent bathroom. She couldn’t find a way to flee. There were bars on the windows. “If you’re smart, you would stay with me until you get a car and you have enough money to move into an apartment,” he told her. “Because if you leave now, you’re just setting yourself up for failure. You’re going to be homeless.”
• Around 2 a.m. on October 8, XXXTentacion was in the living room of the apartment playing Minecraft and using Skype. She let him know she was going into the kitchen to make him some food. She opened the refrigerator door wide enough so that he wouldn’t be able to see her if he she crouched down, and then she opened a side door and ran to the nearest main street she knew. She didn’t have any money. She asked someone if she could use their phone and called the only number she knew by heart. It was the number for the ex-boyfriend she had been living with the night she agreed to move in with XXXTentacion. That ex-boyfriend’s mother drove her to the Miami Beach police department.
XXXTENTACION Reportedly In A Coma After Being Shot & Unresponsive In Miami
On June 18th, 2018, while shopping for Motorcycles in Broward County , Florida , Xxxtentacion was shot. He was found inside of a vehicle in Deerfield Beach at around 3:57 p.m.   As Xxxtentacion was leaving the dealer, a gunman came up to the vehicle and shot him multiple times.  
Several witnesses and bystanders took footage of Xxxtentacion lying dead inside of the vehicle and were immediately uploaded to social media. 
Though it appears that Xxxtentacion had qualms with several people in the past, he was active in improving his life in a positive direction as he had created a foundation to help victims of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting called, "Helping A Hand". 
"Helping Hand" Foundation
Before his death, Xxxtentacion and his mother, created a foundation called "Helping Hand". The foundation was started as a way to help the victims of Stoneman Douglas High School shooting .  He had made a vlog where he donated clothes and PS4s. He wanted to spread positive energy. 
He then created the "Helping a hand" challenge as part of his foundation and efforts to help victims of the high school shooting. In order for people to participate in the challenge they had to make donations, and the person who makes the most donations spent a day with Xxxtentacion.