Early Life & Education
Sandra Simonds was born in Washington, D.C. and raised in Los Angeles, California. She is a graduate of UCLA. She earned her Ph.D. in Creative Writing from Florida State University. She also earned her M.F.A. from the University of Montana. 
- Atopia (Wesleyan University Press, 2019)
- Orlando (Wave Books, 2018)
- Further Problems with Pleasure (University of Akron Press, 2017)
- Steal It Back (Saturnalia Books, 2015)
- The Sonnets (Bloof Books, 2014)
- Mother Was a Tragic Girl (Cleveland State University Poetry Center, 2012)
- Warsaw Bikini (Bloof Books, 2009)
Awards & Accomplishments
In 2012, Simonds was a Cleveland State University Press Open Reading Poetry Prize Winner for her book Mother Was a Tragic Girl.
In addition to the awards she has won as an author, her poems have been included in Best American Poetry in 2014 and 2015 and have appeared in many literary journals, including Poetry Magazine the American Poetry Review the Chicago Review , Granta , Boston Review, Ploughshares , Fence, Court Green, and Lana Turner.