ManoMano is a French company in the e-commerce sector specializing in the field of DIY, home improvement, and gardening. It was created in France in 2012 and has since been present in Belgium, Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Germany .
The company is co-founded in July 2012 by Christian Raisson and Philippe de Chanville, both graduates of EDHEC Business School, under the name Colibri SAS. The website is launched in France inunder the name MonEchelle then changes its name to September 2015to become ManoMano.
In July 2012,ManoMano (under the name of MonEchelle) received €150,000 in funding to finance the launch of its marketplace in France. Inthe company raises €300,000 from angel investors and puts its website online a month later. Ina third round of €150,000 is being raised with the historic shareholders . In September 2014, the startup raised another €2 million from the CM-CIC Capital Privé fund and another shareholders. This funding allows ManoMano to enter the European market: in June 2015, the platform opened up in Spain. In July 2015, they opened in Italy. They opened in the United Kingdom in January 2016.
InMonEchelle changed its name to ManoMano and launches inthe Supermano service, a platform for connecting DIYers and individuals with occasional needs for small jobs. In March 2016, ManoMano raised €13 million from Partech Ventures , Piton Capital, CM-CIC Capital Privé and Bpifrance's Numerical Ambition Fund, which enables it to increase to 70 employees and accelerate its deployment in Europe. The same year the company integrates Google's Scale-Up program which aims to support startups in their growth. InManoMano opens its platform in Germany. Inthe company has 150 employees and 1.2 million referenced products. In, ManoMano raises 60 million euros from General Atlantic.
ManoMano first started its activity in France before expanding into other European countries. ManoMano is currently present in six countries.
- CA Europe 2013: 1 million euros
- CA Europe 2014: € 15 million
- CA Europe 2015: € 32 million
- CA Europe 2016: 89 million euros
- CA Europe 2017: 250 million euros
Awards and Recognition
- 2nd Prize Start-Up Academy 2014
- 2014 Business Development Start-Up Academy Award
- IMC Award 2014 start-up category
- Price EDHEC Entrepreneur of the Year (2015)
- 2015 FEVAD Best Hope Award
- Integration with Google's Scale-Up Program (2016)
- Obtaining the French Tech pass (2015)
- IMC Award 2016 category e-commerce website
- Jury Award for GrowingPlus and KPMG Scale-Up Awards