Loanhead of Daviot is a circular monument and recumbent stone circle in Grampian , Scotland . It was excavated in 1932 by H.E. Killbride-Jones and is conserved for public access.    It is estimated to have been built somewhere between 2500 and 1200BC. 
A massive stone, lying down to the South of the circle is a prominent feature that measures 3.4 metres long and 2.1 metres high with flanking pillars to the side.   There is a flattened, rectangular, Bronze Age cairn in the middle of the stone circle that has been described as a " mortuary pit" and the circular monument as a " cremation cemetary". The cremated remains of several adults and infants were found during excavation among Bronze Age food vessels. Beneath the cairn was found the remains of a large willow fire, suggested to have been a pyre , upon which the stones were later placed.
Julian Cope visited the site on 23rd July 1992. He noted it stands 400 yards north-north-east of Newcraig stone circle. He described the flattened cairn as having a kerb and noted the massive recumbent had been eroded and "shattered along its full legnth, giving the impression of two thinner, recumbent stones". Cope creatively described the giant stone as a "megalithic double-bladed razor blade".