Kailyn Kirk was in the news after a Tick bit her head, causing a temporary Paralysis .  She was also unable to speak.  This was due to a Neurotoxin which is contained in certain ticks. 
Her mother said:
“Please, for the love of God, check your kids for ticks! It’s more common in children than it is adults,” she wrote last Wednesday. “Prayers for this baby! Scary is a UNDERSTATEMENT! She has been such a champ throughout this whole ordeal.” 
Kailyn made a full recovery within less than 48 hours. Her paralysis and lack of speech were relieved within roughly 12 hours.