The typeface is inspired by the forms of the American Type Founders' gothics by Morris Fuller Benton, such as News Gothic, Lightline Gothic and Franklin Gothic, modified with both a larger x-height and character width and more humanist-influenced italic forms.  It is available in six weights (Regular, ExtraLight, Light, Semibold, Bold, Black) in upright and italic styles. The typeface has wide language support for Latin script, including Western and Eastern European languages, Vietnamese, pinyin Romanization of Chinese, and Navajo. 
Adobe's open source family
- Source Sans Pro, the first member of Adobe’s open source family.
- Source Code Pro, the second member of Adobe's open source family.
- Source Serif Pro, the third member of Adobe's open source family.
- Source Han Sans, the fourth member of Adobe's open source family and the first to include CJK characters.
- Source Han Serif, the last member of Adobe's open source family and includes CJK characters.