Richard Barrow Cadbury [1] (29 August 1835 – 22 March 1899) was a British businessman, who was the second son of the Quaker John Cadbury , founder of Cadbury's cocoa and chocolate company.

Together with his younger brother George he took over the family business in 1861 and in 1878 they acquired 14 acres (57,000 m²) of land in open country, four miles (6 km) south of Birmingham where they opened a new factory in 1879. Over the following years, more land was acquired and a model village was built for his workers which became known as Bournville .

He donated Moseley Hall to the City of Birmingham, for use as a children's convalescent home . [2]