The two campuses are Cypress Street Campus in Yeadon grades with grades 9th and 10th, and the Green Avenue Campus with grades 11th-12th.
Penn Wood High School, originally Lansdowne High School, was opened in 1927. The architect was Joseph Linden Heacock, and the builder was John McShain who went on to build the Kennedy Center, The Jefferson Memorial and The Pentagon. Today, it is one of the oldest public school buildings in Pennsylvania. Built in the Italian Renaissance style, the motto carved above the door reads "To Teach the Art of Living Well." Carved in limestone above the motto are a female figure holding a Greek Temple, and a male figure holding a cog. The School is officially a merger of 3 previous high schools: Lansdowne-Aldan High School, Yeadon High School and Darby-Colwyn High School. Penn Wood's first year of existence as the new merger school was the 1982-83 school year. Their basketball team has recently won the PIAA Quad 4 State Championship against York High.
- , American Olympic shot put athlete, Rio 2016 
- Dawn Burrell, American Olympic athlete. 
- Leroy Burrell, former American 100 meter world record holder. 
- John Stanford, United States Army general, Fulton County executive, and Seattle school district superintendent.
- William M. Matz, Jr. ,United States Army general, Vietnam War combat veteran, VP Raytheon, GM Northrop Grumman, President of NAUS.