- First Committee (Disarmament and International Security Committee) is concerned with disarmament and related international security questions;
- Second Committee (Economic and Financial Committee) is concerned with economic questions;
- Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee) deals with social and humanitarian issues;
- Fourth Committee (Special Political and Decolonization Committee) deals with a variety of political subjects not dealt with by the First Committee, as well as with decolonization;
- Fifth Committee (Administrative and Budgetary Committee) deals with the administration and budget of the United Nations; and
- Sixth Committee (Legal Committee) deals with international legal matters.
The First Committee handles all matters on Disarmament and International Security ( DISEC ). The First Committee on Disarmament and International Security meets every year in October for a 4-to-5 week session, after the General Assembly General Debate. All 193 member states of the UN can attend.