Don Bosco College was a Roman Catholic seminary located in the Town of Newton in Sussex County, New Jersey , U.S. Opening in 1928, it was operated by the Salesian Order (Society of St. Francis de Sales) until it was closed in 1989 and its 179-acre campus sold to the Sussex County government on 22 June 1991 for US$4,209,800.  In addition, the college campus was used in the summers as a camp for boys 8-15 until 1998. The campus consisted of a pond used for swimming, boating, and fishing, and additional camp facilities were located on a hill on top of the campus. The hilltop camp consisted of a chapel, barrack style residential cabins, dining hall, & an outdoor covered area for communal events. Every day the boys would wake early, go to chapel, eat a hot breakfast in the dining hall, & then engage in activities including archery, rifle range shooting, horseback riding, & boating. Afternoons included a snack time and occasional theology lectures by the Salesian brothers who ran the camp. Evenings included an after dinner entertainment consisting of skits or performances by campers or the brothers. An outdoor swimming pool was built in 1977 and used until after the camp's closing in 1998, of at which time it was razed. During the school years the Salesian order hosted Boys' Club for boys 7-15 on Saturdays until 1993 as well.
When the seminary opened, the campus consisted of the mansion of merchant, leather-goods manufacturer and railroad executive John A. Horton (1807-1858), built in 1857–1858, which became the "St. Joseph’s House of Studies" and improved to accommodate class rooms, dormitories, recreation rooms, and study hall to accommodate about fifty novices.  In 1930s, ground was broken on an imposing three-story, red-brick building which was dedicated in 1931.  Several other academic buildings and a gymnasium were constructed in the 1960s.
Since the purchase, the campus has been converted and expanded as the main campus of Sussex County Community College (SCCC), a public two-year county college . Several new buildings have been built on the campus.