Greedo appears in Star Wars as a Rodian bounty hunter working for Jabba the Hutt. Jabba hires him to capture Han Solo, who lost the Hutt's cargo throughout a smuggling assignment whilst escaping from an Imperial Star Destroyer. Greedo tracks his target to the Mos Eisley Cantina on Tatooine, where Han kills him with a concealed blaster.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Greedo additionally appears in the 2010 Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Sphere of Influence". In this series, set 20 years before A New Hope, Greedo is hired by the Trade Federation to kidnap Baron Papanoida's daughters, Che Amanwe and Chi Eekway. He is ultimately foiled by Ahsoka Tano.
Paul Blake played Greedo throughout the main shooting, while an articulated head was built afterward and used by Maria De Aragon for pick-up shots. Linguist Larry Ward voiced Greedo in Star Wars, with Tom Kenny providing the voice in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.
- Star Wars/Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, as a bounty hunter working for Jabba the Hutt.
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, a young Greedo wrestles with Anakin Skywalker in a deleted scene and watch the podracer build by the boy.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (episode number 3.4, titled "Sphere of Influence"), again as Jabba's bounty hunter.
- Marvel Comics Star Wars (issue number 2, titled Six Against the Galaxy), in his Episode IV role.
Video game appearances
- Star Wars Battlefront, Greedo is one of the five featured villains in the game. On March 22, 2016, he was added along with Nien Nunb as part of the Outer Rim downloadable content.