GermanEOS has six core team members. Brittney Marzulo is the Head of Community, Olsi Mece is the Head of Finance, Felix Natter is the Head of Infrastructure, Betim Sojeva is the Head of Technology, Alexander Thom is the Head of Security, and Jingquan Xie is the Head of Strategy.
GermanEOS is now investigating multiple infrastructure providers. One test setup has been deployed on the Alicloud in Frankfurt with 24 Xeon CPUs, 192 GB memory, and 500 GB SSD. For scaling, their hardware spec listed below is subject to change based on Block.One and feedback from the community:· CPU: Intel Xeon E7 8880 v3 (18core) * 4 = 72 cores· RAM: 1- 4 TB· Storage: 100+ TB· Network: 25 Gbps· Nodes: 1 livenet and 1 standbyThe estimated cost (purchase and operation) of the aforementioned configuration is between 100 000€ and 200 000€.
Any profits will be allocated as follows: 40% - Retained Capital (Community building support)· 40% - Investor Pool· 20% - GermanEOS fund for developing highly impact DAPPs for sectors like energy, finance, etc. The GermanEOS fund will directly invest and support developers and start-ups within the EOS ecosystem. GermanEOS is currently investigating a number DAPPs in various stages of development like SmartEnergy for the energy sector and Coiner.world for the finance sector.
Initial Block Producer Roadmap
- 2018-05-28 Finalize the candidate information publication
- 2018-06-02 Connect the node to the main net
- 2018-06-17 First report of the BP two weeks after the main net online
- 2018-07-02 Final decision about the scale up and scale out plan of the server configuration
- 2018-08-15 Record the first reward of EOS system. Publish and distribute it to the community
- 2018-09-02 Deploy the first DAPP into the EOS main net
- 2018-10-02 Workshop about Smart Contract in EOS system
- 2018-12-02 Plenary community meeting half year after the main net launch