The Temple Daily Telegram is the daily newspaper of Temple, Texas, serving Central Texas since 1907. The Telegram is locally owned and operated by Frank Mayborn Enterprises, under editor and publisher Anyse Sue Mayborn, the widow of Frank Mayborn.

On Sunday, November 18, 2007, the newspaper unveiled a Texas Historical Commission marker to commemorate the centennial of the publication.

The Telegram is one of only five locally owned newspapers in Texas with more than 10,000 circulation.[3]


The newspaper emerged from a plethora of publications circulating in Temple between 1881 and 1907. In 1907, E. K. Williams and J. F. Crouch crafted the Temple Times into the Temple Daily Telegram, the city's first daily newspaper.

On November 1, 1929, Ward C. Mayborn and his three sons, Frank, Don and Ted, bought the Temple Telegram. When Ward left in late 1930 to become the general manager of the Baltimore News American, Frank W. Mayborn became publisher of the newspaper , a position he held until his death in 1987. Sue Mayborn, his third wife who had worked with him for many years, beginning as his secretary, has run the paper since that time.

Norman L. Richardson, an award-winning journalist originally from Louisiana who was known for his coverage of hurricanes, was the executive editor of the Daily Telegram from 1974 to 1979.