RedeTV! is a Brazilian television network, owned by Amilcare Dallevo and Marcelo de Carvalho. RedeTV! has modern production plants, located in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Recife and Fortaleza. RedeTV! is headquartered in the CTD - Centro de Televisão Digital (Digital Television Center, in English), located in Osasco (SP), where its news division is based. It is the newest television network, among the five major networks in Brazil, being a relaunch of Rede Manchete in 1999. It was the first network worldwide to be broadcast in 3D.
Its principal shows are Encrenca, the first most famous humour program in Brazil, A Tarde é Sua, a afternoon variety show hosted by Sônia Abrão, Superpop, an entertainment program and TV Fama, a program about celebrities. It was responsible for the Brazilian version of Desperate Housewives, Donas de Casa Desesperadas, series exhibited in 2007. The TV programming is directed mostly to the entertainment, with comedy, talk shows, soap operas, audience shows, journalism, sports, TV series and feminine showbizz.
In September 2009, RedeTV! changed its facilities Barueri for the Centro de Televisão Digital (CTD) in Osasco (SP). Despite having changed its headquarters to the Centro de Televisão Digital (CTD) in September, the official inauguration of the center was on the 13th of November, being celebrated with a big party and with the participation of politicians, businessmen and artists such as Luciana Gimenez, Iris Stefanelli and Supla, in addition to President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.
Centers and affiliates
RedeTV! has 5 stations owned and 32 affiliated stations throughout Brazil, totaling 37 stations that rebroadcast the signal from it.
- São Paulo (São Paulo)
- RedeTV! SP - Analogue Channel 09 / Digital Channel 29
- Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro)
- RedeTV! RJ - Analogue Channel 6 / Digital Channel 21
- Belo Horizonte (Minas Gerais)
- RedeTV! MG - Analogue Channel 4 / Digital Channel 25
- Recife (Pernambuco)
- RedeTV! PE - Analogue Channel 6 / Digital Channel 19
- Fortaleza (Ceará)
- RedeTV! CE - Analogue Channel 2 / Digital Channel 34
- 1999-2001: A nova rede de TV do Brasil. (The new TV network in Brazil.)
- 2001-2008: A Rede de TV que mais cresce no Brasil. (Brazil's fastest growing TV network.)
- 2008 - 2009: Quem vê, já sabe. (Who watches it, already knows it.)
- 2009 - present: Em rede com você. (In network with you.)
- 2011: Primeira em tecnologia HD 3D. (First HD 3D technology.)
In the area of show:
In the area of journalism: