Mother Nature Network (mnn.com) is the most visited for-profit website in the world for news and information related to sustainability. Founded in 2009 by former marketing executive Joel Babbit and Rolling Stones keyboardist Chuck Leavell, it is the flagship property of Narrative Content Group, whose equity partners include CNN and Discovery Communications.
MNN generates more than 7 million visits per month and Narrative Content Group properties generate more than 10 million visits per month. MNN is ranked #3 among environmental websites.
As opposed to the technical and academic approach of most sites focused on sustainability, MNN is designed for a mainstream audience—with content that is easy-to-understand, non-political, and engaging. It covers a wide range of topics beyond traditional "green" issues – including family, pets, travel, health, home, and food.
Board of directors
- Joel Babbit, CEO of MNN, Narrative Content Group
- Thomas Bell Jr., Chairman of Mesa Capital Partners (former Chairman and CEO of Young & Rubicam and Chairman of U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
- Gerald Benjamin, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Atlanta Equity
- A.D. "Pete" Correll, Co-Founder and Chairman of Atlanta Equity (former Chairman and CEO of Georgia-Pacific Corporation)
- Doug Hertz, CEO of United Distributors Inc. and Partner in the Atlanta Falcons
- Chuck Leavell, Keyboardist for the Rolling Stones
MNN sells no traditional advertising, following instead a content marketing, sponsorship oriented model. Sponsors include:
- The Coca-Cola Company
- CSX Transportation
- Dunkin' Brands
- Georgia Aquarium
- Johnson & Johnson
- S. C. Johnson & Son
- Southern Company
MNN has worked with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, including: