Michael Carbonaro (born c. 1976) is an Italian-American actor, magician, and improv artist. He is known for his hidden-camera "Magic Clerk" segments on The Tonight Show, in which he tricks unsuspecting customers at a convenience store. This led to a television series with a similar premise, The Carbonaro Effect, which premiered on TruTV on May 15, 2014, following a preview episode on April 1, 2014.
Born and raised in Oakdale, New York, on Long Island, the younger of two sons of an electrician father and a nurse mother, he attended Connetquot High School in Bohemia, New York. He began performing magic professionally while growing up, earning his college tuition while still in his teens. He holds a bachelor's degree in drama from NYU Tisch School of the Arts.
In 2004, he was featured on Chappelle's Show on Comedy Central. Following that, Carbonaro played Andy Wilson in the 2006 comedy Another Gay Movie. For his work, he won the Outfest "Best Actor in a Feature Film" award. Carbonaro has also appeared on All My Children (2006), The Guiding Light (2006), and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2007).
- (1999) Bringing Out the Dead – Club Kid
- (filmed 2000) The Empath – Young Doctor #2
- (2003) A Tale of Two Pizzas – Mikey Falcone
- (2006) Another Gay Movie – Andy Wilson
- (2007) I Was a Creature from Outer Space (short) – Jim
- (2011) God Bless America
- (2013) The Trouble with Barry
- (2004) Chappelle's Show – Manager WacArnolds
- (2006) All My Children – Drunken Groom
- (2006) Guiding Light – Magician
- (2007) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit – Jeff Trapido
- (2009) 30 Rock – Waiter
- (2010) CSI: Miami – Gabe Calligan
- (2010) How to Make It in America – Marco
- (2011) Wizards of Waverly Place – Zelzar, The Robot
- (2012) iCarly – Cameo Appearance
- (2013–14) Tonight Show with Jay Leno – Magic Clerk
- (2014) The Carbonaro Effect