Linda Valiris, known professionally by her maiden name, Linda Henry (born 1 January 1963) is an English actress, known for her roles as Yvonne Atkins in the ITV television drama Bad Girls (1999–2003) and Shirley Carter in the BBC soap opera EastEnders, a role she has played since 2006. She had previously appeared in Eastenders as the original Lorraine Salter, the mother of Mandy Salter from 1991 to 1992. Her other TV credits include Cracker (1995), Prime Suspect (1997) and Trial & Retribution (1998). She has also appeared in the films Beautiful Thing (1996) and The Business (2005).
Henry was brought up in Peckham, London. She spent some time with the 'Old Vic Youth Theatre', and at seventeen she went to the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art. Henry later set up a production company, Buster, which still exists although she is no longer involved with it.
As well as her role in Bad Girls she is also remembered for her role as Sandra in the film Beautiful Thing and has appeared in the British television programmes The Bill, Birds of a Feather, Touching Evil, Cracker, A Touch of Frost, Trial & Retribution as Marilyn Spark and EastEnders, where she played Lorraine Salter, the prostitute mother of the teenage tearaway Mandy Salter (Nicola Stapleton).
On 8 September 2006 it was announced Henry would be returning to EastEnders in a different role, this time playing Shirley Carter, mother to Carly (Kellie Shirley) and Deano (Matt Di Angelo) and ex-wife of Kevin (Phil Daniels). Shirley arrived in Walford in December 2006. Henry took part in the 2008 "WestEnders" Children in Need appeal where she sang alongside other EastEnders cast members. She is close friends with co-star Cheryl Fergison, who played her on-screen best friend Heather Trott. She also took part in a 2008 EastEnders edition of The Weakest Link and appears in the 2010 spin-off series EastEnders: E20.
Henry married Stavros Valiris in 1992.
In 2014 she was arrested for racially aggravated harassment. Henry pled not guilty and stood trial on 11 February 2015 at Bexley Magistrates Court in south London. She was charged under her married name and later cleared of all charges.
- 1982: The Young Ones – Girl at party (1 episode, 1982)
- 1988: Rockliffe's Babies – Sharon Hagerty (1 episode, 1988)
- 1988: Screen Two (1 episode, 1988)
- 1988: The Comic Strip Presents... – Jackie (1 episode, 1988)
- 1988: For Queen & Country – Kim
- 19??: Eurocops – Linda Jackson (3 episodes)
- 1989: Forever Green – Doc (1 episode, 1989)
- 1989: The Nineteenth Hole – Council tenant (1 episode, 1989)
- 1990: The Play on One – Carol Fairwater (1 episode)
- 1990: Birds of a Feather – Viv McCarthy (1 episode)
- 1991: EastEnders – Lorraine Salter (1991–92)
- 1993: Don't Leave Me This Way – Janet Weir
- 1993: Cracker – Mrs. Perry (1 episode)
- 1994: Moving Story – Sheila Roebuck (1 episode)
- 1994: Casualty – Diane Daw (1 episode)
- 1995: Prime Suspect – Forensic Scientist
- 1995: An Independent Man – Julie Read (1 episode)
- 1993: The Bill – Anne Riley / ... (2 episodes, 1993–1995)
- 1996: A Touch of Frost – Sue Venables (1 episode)
- 1996: Beautiful Thing – Sandra Gangel
- 1997: Touching Evil TV series .... Justine Barber
- 1997: Born to Run – Judith (1 episode)
- 1998: Trial & Retribution – Marilyn Spark (2 episodes)
- 1999: Bad Girls – Yvonne Atkins (1999–2003)
- 2005: The Business – Shirley
- 2006: EastEnders – Shirley Carter (2006–present)
- 2010: EastEnders: E20 – Shirley Carter (5 episodes)