Leo Ford, born Leo John Hilgeford, (July 5, 1957 – July 17, 1991) was an American pornographic actor who appeared in gay pornographic films and bisexual pornographic movies and magazines in the 1980s. He was born in Dayton, Ohio.
In 1989, Ford was crowned King of the Beaux Arts Ball in New York City. His Queen was Melissa Slade.
Ford paired with David Alan Reis aka "Lance" in Leo & Lance and Blonds Do It Best, both directed by William Higgins. In his starring role for the film Games, directed by Steve Scott, Ford played a medal-winning swimmer in the Gay Games competition, with Al Parker playing a photographer assigned to take professional portraits of the athlete. In a scene that foreshadowed what happened to Ford in real life, his character had a severe motorcycle accident that left him hospitalized and in a coma.
Ford had a relationship with cult actor Divine. The two traveled together and he made appearances at clubs in which Divine was contracted to perform. After Divine's death, Ford began a relationship with Craig Markle. Ford and Markle lived together in Los Angeles and Hawaii and raised tropical birds. After Ford's death Markle ran a travel agency and oversaw Ford's collection of pictures from his career.
Ford died July 17, 1991 when his motorcycle was struck by a truck making an illegal turn onto Sunset Boulevard. Ford suffered massive head trauma and died two days later. Craig Markle was riding with him but suffered only minor injuries. Ford was cremated and his ashes sent to San Francisco, where after a wake at Josie's Bar they were scattered near the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Autopornography: a memoir of life in the lust lane (1997), Scott O'Hara, Routledge, ISBN 0-7890-0144-6, ISBN 978-0-7890-0144-3.
- Acts of intervention: performance, gay culture, and AIDS: Unnatural acts : theorizing the performative (1998), David Román, Indiana University Press, ISBN 0-253-21168-9, ISBN 978-0-253-21168-2.
- Escoffier, Jeffrey (2009). Bigger Than Life. Philadelphia: Running Press. p. 165. ISBN 978-0-7867-2010-1.
- Not simply Divine: beneath the make-up, above the heels and behind the scenes with a cult superstar (1994), Bernard Jay, Simon and Schuster, ISBN 0-671-88467-0, ISBN 978-0-671-88467-3.
- Ford, Leo. . Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Ford, Leo. . Find a Grave. Retrieved 20 March 2015.