Eugenio Sanchez Jr., commonly known by his stage name Junior Sanchez, is an American record producer, DJ, artist, re-mixer and record executive from New Jersey, United States, who is closely linked to the electronic music scene of New York City. In his early years, after studying the work of peers Moby, Sven Vath, Frankie Knuckles, and Louie Vega, Sanchez began to DJ and produce records himself on his own with a style rooted in the sound of the New York underground music scene. Junior has performed in clubs and festivals throughout the United States, Asia, Australia, and Europe. His latest album, Seize The Fewcha, was praised for having "Some of the freshest floor-fillers ever thrown on to one disc" and Sanchez was called "A true renaissance man whose talents are sought after by some of the biggest names in the game."
Junior has released original music under the names or aliases: The Controllers [w/ Steve Mac], S-Men [W/ DJ Sneak + Roger Sanchez], Da Mongoloids [A DJ Collective w/ Armand Van Helden, Daft Punk, DJ Sneak, Roger Sanchez, Todd Terry, Ian Pooley, Laidback Luke, Basement Jaxx, and The Rhythm Masters, Da Shapeshifta Project [W/ Harry “Choo Choo” Romero], Dark Heads [W/ Dave Carlucci], Nitebreed [W/ Harry “Choo Choo” Romero], Output/Teletronik [W/ Chris Haliani], Riot Society [W/ Laidback Luke + Chris Haliani], and Subspecies [W/ Armand Van Helden].
As a remixer Junior has collaborated with Daft Punk, Madonna, Shakira, Katy Perry, Good Charlotte, Placebo, The Bravery, Gorillaz, Blaqk Audio, Hot Hot Heat, Roisin Murphy, Felix Da Housecat, The Faint, New Order, Emiliana Torrini, Jamiroquai, Giorgio Moroder, Moving Units, Les Rhythmes Digitales, and others.
Sanchez has also worked in the music business as a record executive and A&R man. Junior did A&R for independent New Jersey label Rufftrax, signing producers James Christian and B.O.P. He also ran his own label Cube Recordings which released material from Felix Da Housecat, Steve Mac, Paul Woolford, DJ Sneak, and others. Junior now operates his own record label "Brobot Records" distributed by Steve Angello's SIZE Records where Junior currently serves as President of A&R. Steve Angello cites Junior's label Cube Recordings as being an inspiration for his label SIZE Records 
Junior Sanchez was born in New Jersey, on May 4, 1977. His family is from the state of Bahia, Brazil. From growing up in New Jersey, Sanchez became a part of the electronic music scene developing in New York City around that time. As a sophomore in high school, Sanchez would get dropped off from his school bus outside the train station so he could visit record labels like Strictly Rhythm, Nervous, and Freeze, to sit and wait to be noticed by record executives. Gladys Pizarro was one of the first to acknowledge his presence and give him records to play out. Sanchez also attended shows at Sound Factory Bar where Frankie Knuckles and Louie Vega often performed. He cites the support and inspiration he received here as defining moments in his career.
Junior met DJ Armand Van Helden, selling T-shirts at raves. Soon after Armand invited him to a party in New York where he met Todd Terry, Roger Sanchez, and others which quickly became his close circle of mentors and peers.
As a member of the NASA (Nocturnal Audio Sensory Awakening) group, Junior garnered notoriety within the New York club scene. At age 15 Junior was DJing at many of New York's underground clubs and developing his craft as a producer. At age 17, Junior did A&R for independent New Jersey label Rufftrax, signing producers James Christian and B.O.P. After realizing his path in music he went on to continued touring and producing beyond his base in New York. In 1999 his track “Be With You” topped the charts in the UK.
Sanchez started a record label called Cube Recordings and signed Felix Da Housecat as one of his first artist on his roster and produced Felix's “Kittens in the Glitz”. Cube Recordings featured releases from Stuart Price, Rhythm Masters, Steve Mac, Kashmir, and Paul Woolford. Cube Recording's catalog is a compilation of what Junior considered the best of electronic dance music. Sanchez began to infused his alternative rock/indie attitude with electronic music.
In early 2010 Laidback Luke inspired Junior to hit the studio and produce “Where You Are” with Shawnee Taylor, Harry Romero, Alexander Technique. Shortly after, Luke introduced Junior to Steve Angello who signed the track to his label SIZE Records. Sometime after, when Angello at Coachella told Junior that Cube Recordings inspired him to start SIZE Records they began working on new, higher levels. Brobot, a label self-owned by Junior, came into existence in early 2014 under distribution through Size Records. Junior also currently serves as President of A&R at Size Records. Junior's 2013 release “Where You Are” and “I Believe In" reached the top of the Beatport Charts.
Singles and EPs
- "Alive at Night" (featuring Ineabell)
- "Deeper Love" (with Sultan & Ned Shepard)
- "Without You" (with CeCe Peniston)
- "Salt" (vs. Bad Suns)
- Dave Carlucci & Junior Sanchez - Rufftrax On Wax (EP) | Rufftrack Records 1994 
- Dave Carlucci & Junior Sanchez - The Guardian Of Ruff EP (12", EP) | Rufftrack Records 1994
- Harry "Choo Choo" Romero & Junior Sanchez - Bad Little Kiddies | Gossip Records 1996 
- Da Bionic Trax | Strictly Rhythm 1996 
- Da Shape Of Da 80s | Narcotic Records 1998 
- Rhythm Masters And Junior Sanchez - Da New Age Funksters | Junior London 1999 
- 2Morrows Future 2Day (2x12") | R-Senal 1999 
- Old Tracky Bastard (12") | Armed Records 1999 
- The Man-E-Facez EP | Yoshitoshi Recordings 2000 
- Junior Sanchez Featuring Angie Johnson - That Girl Ain't Right | R-Senal 2000 
- Junior Sanchez & Rhythm Masters Are New Age Funkstas - Rock Your Body (12") | Cube Recordings 2000 
- Armand Van Helden & Junior Sanchez - Stanton Music Sampler No. 1 Stanton Magnetics, LLC 2000 
- Junior Sanchez Feat. Dajae* - B With U 3345 Recordings 1999 
- Executes Cubizm 1.0 (12") Cube Recordings CUB 01 2000 
- Junior Sanchez & Christian Smith - R United Cube Recordings 2001 
- Dancin Next To Me (12") Not On Label JUNBUG 01 2001 
- Junior Sanchez & Rhythm Masters - Are New Age Funkstars (12") House Works 2001 
- Steve Mac & Junior Sanchez - The Controllers (Essential DJ Toolz) Dis-Funktional Recordings 2001 
- Superincumbent / I Wanna Rock! (12", W/Lbl) Cube Recordings ZCUB 14 2003 
- Neoteric Version 1 (12") Cube Recordings CUB 14 2003 
- The Last Dance (12") Big & Dirty BADR.002 2005 
- Junior Sanchez Feat. Good Charlotte - Elevator (12") Rise RISE 492 2010 
- Harry Romero*, Junior Sanchez & Alexander Technique Feat Shawnee Taylor - Where You Are (12") Sneakerz Muzik 2011
- Dim Mak Attack EP (3xFile, MP3, EP, 320) Dim Mak Records DM 293 2012 
- Junior Sanchez Feat. CeCe Peniston* - Without You (File, MP3, Single, 320) Size Records 2014 
- SubSpecies* / Junior Sanchez - From Da East / Da Bionic Trax (CD, Comp) Rhythm Republic 1996 
- Harry Romero*, Junior Sanchez & Alexander Technique Feat Shawnee Taylor - Where You Are (3xFile, MP3, 320) Size Records 2010 
- Junior Sanchez Feat. Karmen - I Believe In (Remixes) (2xFile, MP3, 320) Size Records 2011 
- Junior Sanchez Feat. Karmen - I Believe In (3xFile, MP3, 320) Size Records 2011 
- Junior Sanchez Vs Bad Suns - Salt (File, MP3, 320) Size Records 2014 
- Junior Sanchez, Sultan & Ned Shepard - Deeper Love (File, MP3, 320) Size Records 2014