Feenixpawl is a house music duo, Aden Forte and Josh Soon – two Australian DJs, remixers and producers – which formed in 2003. Their fifth single, "In My Mind", peaked at No. 29 on the ARIA Singles Chart, it additionally spent 11 weeks at No. 1 on the component chart, ARIA Club Tracks, and in 2013 was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical. In April 2015, Feenixpawl launched Eclypse Records in conjunction with Wind-Up Records. The first release from the label, Feenixpawl's "Ghosts" (feat. Melissa Ramsay), reached number 16 on the Billboard Dance Charts.
Aden Forte and Josh Soon are two DJs and producers; they began collaborating in 2003 as Feenixpawl in Melbourne. In 2005 they provided a bootleg remix of All Saints' track, "Pure Shores" & were discovered by music identity Joel Alpha in 2006 which was the main reason for their global success.
In 2006, they began a DJ residency with a touring brand and club night, Onelove, with which they travelled across Australia. In 2008 the duo signed their first record deal with Sony BMG/Onelove Music Group, providing remixes for Kaz James and Citylife, and for DD (ex-Disco Montego).
On 22 August 2009 Feenixpawl released their first single, "Calypso", which was remixed by Kid Massive, Sebastian Morxx and The Sargents. The Kid Massive version peaked at No. 37 on the ARIA Club Tracks. Feenixpawl additionally remixed additional artists: Former Child Stars, Carl Kennedy, Jason Herd, Ben Macklin and Goldfish.
In February 2010 they remixed "Roots" by Ali Payami for Kid Massive's Audio Damage label. In June that year they released their remix for The Nervo Twins entitled "This Kind of Love" for Onelove Records. In November 2010 they provided a remix for a track by Danny Freakazoid & Matt Caseli, "Sign Your Name", which borrowed heavily from Terence Trent D'Arby's 1988 hit of the same name. The remix version was released through Axtone and Neon Records.
On 26 March 2011 Feenixpawl issued their second single, "Seasons", which was remixed by Syke N Sugastarr, Ben Morris & Venuto, Bobby Vena and Nick Galea. "Seasons" spent 14 weeks in the ARIA Club Charts Top 50 and peaked at No. 7.
In April 2011 they released their EP, Clockwerk/Xylophone, with Neon Records. By mid-2011 the duo produced a bootleg of the Adele track, "Rolling in the Deep" which gained international recognition.
In January 2012 Feenixpawl's fifth single, "In My Mind", was released on Axtone Records. It is a collaboration with producer, Ivan Gough, from dance music duo, TV Rock, and featured the singer, Georgi Kay. "In My Mind" peaked at No. 29 on the ARIA Singles Chart, it spent 11 weeks at No. 1 on the ARIA Club Tracks, and additionally reached No. 1 on the iTunes Dance Charts. On the Dutch Singles Chart it peaked at No. 51.
At the ARIA Music Awards of 2012, in December 2012, the duo, Ivan Gough and Georgi Kay, won the ARIA award for Best Dance Release for "In My Mind". At the APRA Music Awards of 2013, Forte and Soon won Dance Work of the Year for that track, which was shared with fellow songwriters, Gough and Kay.
In April 2015 the duo helped launch the EDM imprint of Wind-Up Records, Eclypse Records. The label's first release, Feenixpawl's "Ghosts" (feat. Melissa Ramsay), reached number 16 on the Billboard Dance Charts. Since then Feenixpawl has released the originals "Blue Sky" (with Jason Forté featuring Mary Jane Smith) and "Everything I Needed" (with Strange Talk).
|Title||Year||Label||Peak Charts Position||Album|
|NL||BEL (Fl.)||BEL (Wal.)||AUS ||AUS|
|"In My Mind (Axwell Mix)"|
(with Ivan Gough featuring Georgi Kay)
(with Jason Forté)
|"I Won't Break"|
(with Trevor Simpson)
(with Ivan Gough featuring Christine Hoberg)
(with BYNON and Project 46)
(featuring Melissa Ramsay)
(with Jason Forté featuring Mary Jane Smith)
|"Chapters (Feenixpawl Mix)"|
|"Everything I Needed"|
(with Strange Talk)
|"—" denotes items which weren't released in that country, failed to chart, or chart information is unknown.|
- 2011 Clockwerk/Xylophone [Neon Records]
- 2008 Kaz James - "We Hold On" [KJM]
- 2008 Citylife feat. DD - "San Francisco" [Onelove]
- 2009 Former Child Stars - "Safe in Silence" [Independent]
- 2009 Herd & Macklin - "Greenlight" [Onelove]
- 2009 Carl Kennedy - "Elephant & Castle" [Onelove]
- 2009 Felix Baumgartner, Juan Kidd - "Now You're Gone" [Onelove]
- 2009 Angger Dimas - "Duck Army" [Vicious]
- 2009 Sebastian Morxx, Lethal Obsession - "Funky Analog" [Big Mama's House Records]
- 2009 Goldfish (band) - "This Is How It Goes" [Central Station Records]
- 2009 Goldfish (band) - "Fort Knox" [Central Station Records]
- 2009 The Sargents - "Amphibian" [Alicia Music]
- 2009 Carl Kennedy - "RocknRolla" [Onelove]
- 2010 Chris Kaye - "Don't Give Up" [Central Station Records]
- 2010 Ali Payami - "Roots" [Audiodamage Records]
- 2010 NERVO - "This Kind of Love" [Onelove]
- 2010 Venuto - "Love" [Onelove]
- 2010 Beats & Styles - "Friend" [Onelove]
- 2010 Ben Morris & Venuto - "Give It Up" [Onelove]
- 2010 Matt Caseli & Danny Freakazoid - "Sign Your Name" [Neon Records]
- 2011 Bobby Vena & JRJ - "Til There Was You" [Neon Records]
- 2011 Ben Morris, Venuto & Timmy Trumpet - "Endriago" [Neon Records]
- 2011 Silver Sneakerz - "Make You Move" [Hussle Recordings]
- 2011 Fabian Gray - "When U Fall" [Neon Records]
- 2011 Midnite Sleeze - "Lose Control" [Housesession Records]
- 2011 Dion Mavath - "Salvador" [S2G Productions]
- 2011 Q45 & Frankie Charles - "You Know" [3am Jam]
- 2012 Kaskade Ft. Skylar Grey - "Room For Happiness" [Ultra]
- 2012 Jono Fernandez Ft. Twin Atoms - "Lights Are Fading" [Onelove]
- 2012 Adrian Lux Ft. Dante - "Burning" [Ultra]
- 2012 Grant Smillie & Walden Ft. Zoe Badwi - "A Million Lights" [Neon Records]
- 2013 John Dahlback feat. Agnes - "Life (Diamonds In The Dark)" [Big Beat Records]
- 2013 Strange Talk - Falling In Love [Sony]
- 2013 Jetski Safari - Like A Lie [Central Station]
- 2013 Marco V feat. Maruja Retana - Waiting For The End [In Charge (Be Yourself]
- 2014 Jacqui Lee - Broken Ones [Atlantic Records]
- 2015 Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand [Atlantic Records]