Deportivo Tepic JAP Fútbol Club commonly known as Coras is a football club that plays in the Mexican football league system Mexican Liga Premier (third-tier). The club was founded in the late 1950s as Deportivo Tepic and was based in Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico.
The club was founded on July 19, 1959 by Francisco Mengibar Bueno and quickly joined the Segunda División de México. The club played mostly in the Mexican inferior division from 1960 to the 1980s. In 1986 the club was invited to play the Copa de Oro de Occidente with first and second division clubs based in the mid-western region of the country.
In 1994 the club was invited to play the first tournament in the newly created Primera A. The club struggled during its first year and was relegated back to the Segunda División de México after the 1995–96 tournament. In 2002 the club won the Apertura 2002 tournament in Segunda División de México.The club has been playing on and off ever since and recently built a new stadium in order to rejoin the Ascenso MX for the Apertura 2012 tournament. They also played the Austin Posse in 2004.
In June 2017, owner Jose Luis Higuera confirmed the club would no longer exist after he bought a new club, Zacatepec. Coras will cease to exist unless someone buys the rights to revive the club.
Coras Fútbol Club play their home matches at the Arena Cora in Tepic, Nayarit. The stadium capacity is 11 people. Its owned by State de Tepic, and its surface is covered by natural grass. The stadium was opened in 2011.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Season to season
- Has Played 58 2nd Division Tournaments last in April 2014.
- Has Played 8 3rd Division Tournaments last in 2009.
- Has Played 8 Ascenso MX Tournaments last in Clausura 2017 (January to May).
- Has Played 0 Mexican Primera División Tournaments last in 2002.
- After the 1971–72 tournament the club played under the name Club Universidad de Nayarit till the 1975–76 .
- After the Clausura 2006 the club was sold to Chivas and was renamed Chivas Coras but a Deportivo Tepic club played in the Third Division.
- The club left the third division in 2009 and made a return in the Apertura 2011 in the second division.
- Segunda División de México (1) Apertura 2002
- Runner up(1)(1982–83)
- Tercera División de México(1)Apertura 2003
- Copa Mexico de Segunda División
- Runner up(1)1961–2020