Color Climax Corporation ApS (CCC) is a Danish pornography producer headquartered in Copenhagen. It had been one of the leading producers of European pornography up until the 1990s. Since then, CCC has recessed most of its assets, but because its earlier works attract admirers of classic pornography, CCC still functions today via the Internet. Color Climax Corporation (CCC) began in 1967 with the publication of the porn magazine ColorClimax, despite pornography being illegal in Denmark until 1969.
In 1969 Denmark legalized the production of all kinds of pornography. In the 1970s CCC began to produce 8 mm pornographic film loops. By the 1980s, video tape had replaced the film loops, sometimes as compilations of previously released material. CCC films usually had a wider range of contents including bestiality, some of which last starred Bodil Joensen, and other content not widely available at the time. Urolagnia was also displayed. By 2004, Color Climax had past film stars such as Rocco Siffredi and John Holmes in their archives on their website.
Between 1971 and 1979 the company produced 36 or more 10-minute films for its Lolita series. These films featured young girls, mainly with men, but sometimes with women or other children. The participating girls were mainly between the ages of 7 and 11 years; however, some were younger. Titles included Incest Family, Pre-Teen Sex, Sucking Daddy, and Child Love.
CCC was also known for its magazine series with titles such as Color Climax and Rodox. In their day, these were regarded as some of the best quality pornographic magazines in Europe. This was the case particularly in the UK, where prior to the year 2000, the sale of hardcore porn was illegal. Before this date some British sex shops sold softcore British magazines in plastic packaging, with a Rodox or Color Climax front cover on the outside. The same shops sometimes sold watered-down reproductions of CCC titles, with any hardcore images removed. CCC magazines presented a wide variety of European and American stars. Photo-sets typically began with the models fully clothed, and ended with an image of male ejaculation, a storyline shared with other Danish magazines of the period such as Fucking and Con Amore. Many of those photos remained available as of the middle of May 2014 via the Color Climax website, and they were also circulated widely—though they were so circulated in violation of copyright—around the Internet via file-sharing networks and other sources. Still photographs from the Lolita film series were also published in Color Climax magazines. By 2006, the company had published over 3,000 different books and magazines with a total of over 140 million editions; 8.5 million films, and almost a million video cassettes.
Initially the company published various one-off magazines with titles such as Carnaby Kinks, Young Lesbians, and Fuck Around the Clock before settling on a series of numbered titles. These were produced in A5 format, consisted of full-color photographs, and typically featured five or six photo sets of around ten pages each; each set would be accompanied by a short descriptive text. While not all the titles ran concurrently, subject matter from magazine to magazine frequently overlapped. Many themes, such as big bust, interracial, uniform, or ethnically themed sets would appear in any title, dependent on the activity being performed rather than the participants.
- Color Climax—mixture of hardcore and softcore picture sets. First published in April 1968.
- Danish Hard Core (later Hard Core)—conventional hardcore pictures featuring male and female participants.
- Teenage Sex—teenage girls in softcore and hardcore picture sets. Later joined by the similarly themed Teenage School Girls.
- Blue Climax—mixture of hardcore and softcore picture sets.
- Rodox—mixture of hardcore and softcore picture sets.
- Anal Sex—hardcore picture sets focusing on anal intercourse and double penetration. First published in 1970.
- Exciting—mixture of hardcore and softcore picture sets.
- New Cunts—hardcore picture sets, initially focusing on female models with shaved genitalia.
- Sex Bizarre—hardcore picture sets focusing on water sports and, in earlier issues, scat.
- Lesbian Love—girl-on-girl sets.
- Transexual Love—mixture of hardcore and softcore sets of male-to-female transgender models, usually paired with male models in oral and anal intercourse.
- Animal Lover—besitality magazine, usually featuring female–animal pairings.
- Erotic Desire—along with Pussycat and Sexual Fantasy, a reprint title with a budget price reprinting edited sets and selections from older magazines.
- Cover Girls—along with Sexy Girls, printed softcore solo sets featuring female models.
In the mid-1990s, the magazine titles were sold to the German studio Silwa, which continued them with their own in-house picture sets featuring similar scenes.
Both the magazines and the films used a wide variety of male and female models, and appearances more than half a dozen shoots by the same model were rare, especially by the 1980s. Models were typically only credited by a first name, often assumed.
- Vivi Berens
- Tabatha Cash
- Julia Channel
- Dana Douglas
- Ben Dover
- Lolo Ferrari
- John Holmes
- Tove Jensen (as Tiny Tove)
- Ron Jeremy
- Bodil Joensen
- Solange Le Carrio (as Gigi)
- Traci Lords
- Anna Marek
- Peter North
- Jeannie Pepper
- Silvia Saint
- Rocco Siffredi
- Sooty Turner
- Sarah Young