Blazing Samurai is an upcoming American computer-animated action adventure comedy film inspired by Mel Brooks’ seminal 1974 Western comedy film Blazing Saddles, directed by Chris Bailey and written by Ed Stone and Nate Hopper. The film stars Michael Cera, Samuel L. Jackson, Ricky Gervais, George Takei, Gabriel Iglesias, Djimon Hounsou, Michelle Yeoh, and Mel Brooks. The film will be released by Open Road Films in the US and Canada, Huayi Brothers International in China, and Sony Pictures in Latin America.
Hank (Michael Cera), a scrappy dreamer of a dog, wanting to become a samurai, arrives in a strange land entirely inhabited by cats. Hank, who is a good dog, meets a very bad cat, the nefarious warlord Ika Chu (Ricky Gervais). Ika hustles an unwitting Hank into becoming the samurai for the town of Kakamucho where Hank meets Jimbo (Samuel L. Jackson), a once great samurai who reluctantly takes Hank under his wing and teaches him what being a samurai really means. Forging the first real friendship between a cat and a dog, the two set off on a wild and hilarious journey to save the town of Kakamucho from the evil Ika Chu…and ultimately Hank learns what it means to become a true samurai.
- Michael Cera as Hank, the eager dreamer: From fumbling fido to fearless friend, Hank becomes a true samurai, loyal to his new pack and true to himself.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Jimbo, the reluctant mentor: Once famed, now shamed. Thanks to his home-brewed catnip, this former Kyoto Kat (the fastest sword in the East) is now the cockeyed cat of Kakamucho. Jimbo reluctantly mentors Hank. Through their friendship, this lost cat finds himself.
- Ricky Gervais as Ika Chu, the sneaky bad cat: Deputy Senior Executive Regional Warlord of the Shogun. An all-around baddie whose dreams of a newfangled litter-box system (the first flushable toilet) is threatened by the town of Kakamucho.
- Heavenly Joy Jerkins as Emiko, the girl who believes: This plucky young kitten becomes the first real champion of the new dog in town, Hank. A natural warrior in training, this pint-sized puff can turn into a white-hot ball of feline fury when least expected.
- Djimon Hounsou as Sumo, the gentle giant. This towering tabby may fight with brute force, but Sumo is just a “prawn in the sea of life.” Dragged into combat by the bad cats around him, Sumo is won over by Hank’s kindness and finds enlightenment on his journey.
- Mel Brooks as Shogun, the misguided but benevolent supreme leader. What the Shogun lacks in stature, he makes up for in empathy, teaching that tolerance goes a long way in solving seemingly big problems. 
- George Takei as Ohga, Ika’s henchman and number-one goon.
- Aasif Mandvi as Ichiro, one of Kakamucho's cat citizens.
- Michelle Yeoh as Yuki, Emiko's over-protective mom.
- Sandra Tsing Loh as Little Mama
- Mel B as The Giraffe (cameo)